Friday, June 1, 2012

SO THAT I MIGHT NOT SIN



At the conclusion to our nightly devotional concerning King Saul and David's "near encounter" in the cave, my young daughter and I discussed how it was sinful to want to "get even" with others. My daughter told me she was glad we read that story because she was thinking about "getting even" with someone who did something to her. She said she couldn't tell me who it was, but that it didn't matter anyway. She said she knew it was wrong now and she just wouldn't do it.

She said her usual prayer and asked to say another "special prayer". The second prayer went something like this: "Dear God, thank you for letting me read the story tonight so I wouldn't sin. Amen."

I wish it were that easy...to read it, accept it and do it - SO THAT I MIGHT NOT SIN. Is it...that simple?

No comments:

Post a Comment